The long vision contains the near.
Surrounded by nature on a flat landscape residents and visitors gaze upon the horizon, sunrise and sunsets daily. Pathashaala tries to function keeping the long vision in mind. Some of the choices made at Pathashaala keep the future needs in mind while attending effectively to the immediate.
Pathashaala encourages questioning and concerns itself with education of the total human being. Knowledge and intellectual capability alone are not sufficient to meet life’s challenges. Learning to enquire, to observe oneself, to relate widely with respect and dignity is the core intention of the school. Many contexts are available for such learning. It is imperative therefore that parents and students understand and appreciate the intention of the school and actively participate in this movement.
The school wishes to nurture in each student:
- A sense of integrity, dignity and confidence to face life’s challenges.
- Sensitivity to relate rightly to the earth and all life.
- An ability to learn on one’s own, collaboratively and take responsibility for learning.
- The capacity to make choices of future activities in consonance with one’s deepest predilections.
- The intelligence to remain a sensitive human being with openness.